If you’ve got a quiet team that needs a nudge to participate, or just want to keep things fun, starting your meeting with an icebreaker can be a great tool to get the call started.
That's why we put together a list of 100+ of our favorite icebreaker questions for kicking off our team Agile meetings.
Check out the full list below!
Chat with our team and connect with other customers through Slack
Get your questions answered by
a team member
If you want to get the most out of your remote team meetings, keeping the group engaged and sharing ideas is one of your best bets.
Especially during retrospective meetings, the role of the team as an engine of ideation is crucial to leaving the retro with a list of action items for improvement.
If you’ve got a quiet team that needs a nudge to participate, or just want to keep things fun, starting your meeting with an Ice Breaker can be a great tool to get the call started.
Statistically, if a participant speaks in the first 5 mins of a call, they are more likely to contribute their ideas over the course of the meeting.
Those first crucial five minutes of a meeting are an excellent entry point to feeling more comfortable to share your unique opinions and perspectives throughout.
That is why icebreaker questions are a wonderful way to kick off a call with your team and make sure you have everyone engaged and participating from the get-go. So, without further ado...
1. Would you rather sit through a Star Wars marathon or a Lord of the Rings marathon?
2. Which animal best represents you today?If your mood today was an emoji, which emoji would it be?
3. How would you caption this GIF? (share GIF in chat)
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
5. What was your least favorite class in high school?
6. What was your first job ever?
7. If we’re celebrating something that happened to you this month, what are we celebrating?
8. On the scale of 1 (low) - 5 (high), what is your level of morale like today?
10. Which professional skill do you hope to develop in your lifetime?
11. Which personal skill do you hope to develop in your lifetime?
12. Share something new in your work space with the group.
13. What is the weirdest thing in your Netflix queue right now?
14. What’s your best purchase this past year?
15. What have you learned about yourself during the pandemic?
16 .On the scale from 1 (not too busy) to 10 (too busy for my own good), how busy are you this week?
17. What is the last book you read?
18. Name three things that are always on your desk in your home office space.
19. How would you describe your personality when you were a kid vs your personality now, in one word?
20. What is the last place, outside of the country in which you live, that you travelled?
21. If you could choose one, what would it be: working in an office or working from home?
22. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
23. How dependent on caffeine are you in order to start your day off right?
24. If you had to step in to teach a high school class today, which subject would you teach?
25. If your mood were a season, which season would you be today?
26. Would you rather see Prince or Freddie Mercury in concert?
27. What did you want to be when you grew up?
28. Which fictional character would you most like to have dinner with?
29. If you played a musical instrument, which would you play?
30. If your mood today was a musical genre, which one would it be?
31. Tell us about the task you did at work that truly challenged you and why.
32. Which celebrity would you be able to survive a duo road trip with?
33. If you were Batman, which member of the team would be Robin?
34. Share a challenge that you have overcome in the past year.
35. If you had to go without drinking coffee or tea for the rest of your life, which one would you choose to live without?
36. When you wake up in the morning, what’s the first thing you read?
37. If you weren’t in your current role, what job would you be doing?
38. What is your go-to karaoke song?
39. If you could sing a duet with anyone on this team, who would you sing with?
40. Name one thing you absolutely rock at.
41. Name one thing you absolutely suck at.
42. What is one thing you appreciate knowing today?
43. What is one thing you wish you had learned sooner in life?
44. What is the last thing that shocked you?
45. Share your latest revelation with the team.
46. If you had $1M, but couldn’t spend a penny of it on yourself, what would you spend it on?
47. What’s the first thing that pops into your head when I say the word: teamwork?
48. What’s the last thing you did at work that made you feel proud of yourself?
49. What’s the last thing you did at home that made you feel proud of yourself?
50. Share a game-changing life hack that you recently discovered.
51. What song do you jam to while you work?
52. What’s one of the biggest risks you’ve taken in your life or career that really paid off?
53. Do you prefer Slack or Zoom for work-related conversations?
54. What’s one food you couldn’t live without?
55. What’s the most difficult job in the world?
56. Share something you discovered at work that surprised you.
57. If you had to live by one quote, what would it be?
58. If you had to get a silly tattoo on a dare, what would it be?
59. Tell us about the last event you went to that blew your mind.
60. What’s one manual thing that you wish could be automated in your job?
61. Name one tool that will help you do your job better.
62. Which fictional workplace do you imagine yourself fitting in?
63. Which TV show most resembles your life right now?
64. If you could go back in time, which decade would you travel to?
65. What’s your favorite way to commute? (ex. car, public transport, bike or walking)
66. What’s your pet peeve at work?
67. What’s your pet peeve at home?
68. What’s your favorite dad joke?
69. What’s your favorite day of the week? Why?
70. If your team at work was a sports team, what sport would you play?
71. If you had met your team for the first time outside of the work context, where would you have met?
72. What calms your nerves?
73. Name one thing that stresses you out without fail.
74. Share something no one on the call would guess about you.
75. What’s your current obsession?
76. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
77. What’s one dream you recently had?
78. Share one crazy thing you’ve done recently. Why was it crazy?
79. If you weren't born in the country in which you were, where would you want to be from?
80. What’s your favorite healthy food?
81. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
82. What’s the best part about working from home?
83. What’s the worst part about working from home?
84. What’s your ideal road trip?
85. Name someone in your life that inspires you?
86. Name a historical figure that inspires you?
87. How do you keep yourself motivated?
88. What does a great vacation look like to you?
89. What does an awesome day at work look like?
90. How do you spend your lunch break?
91. What’s something you most need help with in your life right now?
92. Name something you do regularly, but should really delegate down the line.
93. If you didn’t have to sleep, how would you spend these extra 8 hours?
94. What’s your desktop background?
95. What’s your cellphone wallpaper right now?
96. If you could have unlimited supply to one thing for the rest of your life, what is it?
97. If you won a trip for two to Las Vegas, who would you take with you?
98. What is your go-to dance move?
99. What’s the last thing that embarrassed you?
100. What’s the last TV show you binge watched?
101. Share two truths and a lie with the group.
102. Have you tried something for the first time recently?
103. If it were your birthday today, what gift would you like to receive?
104. If you could trade roles with anyone on your team, who would it be?
105. What is the theme song of your day?
106. If this year were a song, which song would it be?
107. Which movie soundtrack is the soundtrack to your life?
108. If you had to cook a meal with your team, which meal would you cook?
109. What country would you visit with your team for a week?
110. Would you rather travel to Italy for a week or do a stay-cation in your own town?
111. Name one thing that’s really changed about your hometown in the last 10 years.
112. What’s something you didn’t know about the company you work at on your first day?
113. If you could make one of your childhood dreams come true, which one would you choose?
114. Where does your to-do list live?
115. What’s the most difficult thing you’ve had to learn how to do recently?
116. Name something funny your pet does when they’re at home.
117. What’s something you’ve really missed doing, but never have time?
118. Would you rather post on TikTok or Instagram?
119. What’s one documentary you recently watched and loved?
120. Which famous actor/actress would play you in the movie about your life?
121. What’s the first tab you have open in your browser right now?
122. What’s the story of your name?
123. Are you named after anyone?
124. What’s the best piece of advice you have ever received?
125. What is the wisest thing someone has told you lately?
126. What’s one thing you’ve been putting off for a long time?
127. If you could go back to college, what would you major in?
128. What bad habit have you kicked and how did you do it?
129. What good habit have you cultivated recently?
130. Name something you think is cool that most people think is boring.
131. If you could stay an age all your life, what age would you choose?
132. What’s something that you will never understand?
133. What’s one area in which you could use a mentor to improve?
134. How do you decide what you will focus on in a given day?
Get your questions answered by
a team member